Monday, October 20, 2008

Day 1 of healthy living

This morning I actually went to the gym. I am extremely happy that I did this! YAY! So far today I am eating healthy foods. It's strange because I'm not used to eating healthy in this way. Since I'm pregnant I have to eat more food than normal. It feels like a ton of food. At the same time, I hope that I don't fall off the band wagon! I have the ability to be tempted easily, so I need to really stay focuse. If I can just make it through the first day, then i will know that I can do it tomorrow and the next day! My goal is to not gain more than 2 pounds this month! Obviously being pregnant, I can't exactly hope to gain nothing, I don't think that would be realistic or fair to my mental well being. As long as I can keep my total weight gain to a minimum that would thrill me! So far according to the Dr.'s office I have gained 9 pounds. What they don't know is how much I weighed when I found out I was pregnant at home. I actually gained 10 pounds the week that I found out I was pregnant. That sounds really crazy, but it is true. Just imagine going from extreme healthy eating and running many, many miles per week, to doing zero exericse, and eating whatever I wanted!! Despite that i was throwing up, I still gained weight, simply because of the contrast in my lifestyle of exercise and eating.

Anyway, I didn't weigh myself this morning. I should do that tomorrow, so that I can have an idea of how I'm doing from week to week. As much as I dread stepping on the scale, I need to do it to get on track. If I keep putting it off until the end of my pregnancy, I will not slow my weight gain down and only have more work to do once I have the baby. The idea is to try and keep myself in fair enough shape that when I have the baby I will be able to get back into a routine easier than I otherwise would.

OK, well this is just a rambling entry about my day so far. it's 2 p.m. I have eaten 724 calories. It's odd because I'm aiming for 1600 calories per day, which seems like a lot compared to what my normal calorie counting diets are. I'm hoping though 1600 will be a max. It also will give me enough leverage so I won't feel deprived and then just go crazy with food.

enough rambling, so far so good. Just hope that I stay on board all day :)

No comments: